Friday, December 21, 2012

Another cutie finished and delivered

Hello everyone, tis me again.  I had a wonderful stitching day yesterday with my friend Janice.  We usually go out for breakfast and then to her house to stitch and chat. Yesterday, her hubby Dave joined us for breakkie before he headed off to work.  Makes me glad to be retired especially with the crappy weather that we are currently experiencing here in Ottawa today.  Yup, the freezing rain started about 9 last night, then the big snowflakes and they are still coming down.  So it is definitely true, we will be having a white Christmas here. 

Yesterday I gave Janice her Christmas present.  I stitched "Don't Bug Me (I'm Stitching).  It is by Barbara Ana Designs. I stitched mine on 18 count opalescent aida entitled Angel Song, it is an overdyed fabric that is basically yellow-green and light purple brushed throughout, it is very pretty.  In the picture you can see the bits of purple.  And yes, I did switch some colours  (okay, almost all of them lol), the words "don't bug me" were done in Dragon Hoard, the "I'm Stitching" was done in Baneberry and the worm was done in Amber Waves, these silks are by Vicki Clayton.  The spider's hat has was done in Gloriana silks - Ada's Rainbow.  I backstitched the eyes of the worm because they were not showing up very well.  Next time I think I will add a mouth.  This is a small design and I think that I will be making some of them, it is just so cute.

So my friends, until the next time, thank you for taking the time to read my blog and remember that you are loved.  Luv ya dearly.  Louise

1 comment: