Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Boxing Day

Hi everyone, were you out shopping today? Did you brave the malls to find some good bargains?  Well, I was out early this morning to go to Michaels (craft store) and today they were offering 25% off your entire order including sale prices - now that was a good deal.  I picked up some more tea mugs (okay, they are giant mugs holding 22 ounces), I love them, I can sit and stitch for a long time with this cup of tea beside me!  And then I picked up some other goodies as well but I didn't spend a lot.
Well, Christmas is over for another year.  Was Santa good to you?  Or did you save Santa a trip by being naughty all year?   I was thinking of the Lizzie-Kate pattern "Be Naughty - Save Santa a Trip", that is so cute.  I think I will have to stitch that one some time this year.  I had a lovely Christmas day, I spent it with Dad - we laughed and talked and worked on  his crossword puzzles.  Dad has done crossword puzzles for as long as I can remember. He uses a pen not a pencil and he seldom makes mistakes!!  Growing up, we were not allowed to touch Dad's puzzles and especially don't write in them!! Even if you knew you knew the answer, we had to verify with Dad!  So yesterday, I look at the puzzle and see some answers (you know where I am going with this, don't you), and I wrote the answers on the puzzle... gasp.... gasp!  I love to see Dad's reaction, he is just so funny.  He will look at the clue, look at the answer that I wrote in, check the other clues around it and if necessary, check the dictionnary before he agrees with me that I wrote in the correct answer.  BUT I only do this for the daily crossword puzzles not the Sunday puzzle, if I write anything on that one, he gives me his "look" and says "Weezie, what did you do?"  To which, I reply.... "Nutting" (nothing) and then we both laugh.    And I have to share this with you, remember the movie Casablanca.... well, Dad took Mom to see that movie before he went off to war.  It had just come out and it was the movie to see at that time and to be very honest with you - I think that it is still a fabulous movie.
Well folks, I hope that you have a wonderful day and I wish you the very best for this holiday season filled with love and good health.  Lots of hugs and thank you for taking the time to read this blog.  Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment