Sunday, December 9, 2012

Soccer Santa Ornament

Hi there, I hope that you have had a great weekend.  Many of you have been wondering what I was working on now that the angel is finished....
Soccer Santa, this ornament is from Charlette's Collectibles Book #14, designed by Charlette Dockens.  The leaflet contains 4 other designs: basketball Santa, football Santa, hockey Santa and baseball Santa.  It was stitched on 14 count Blue Whisper aida using DMC threads with the exception of his beard and moustache, they are done in BeCreamed (Vicki Clayton silks) and then I also used Rainbow Gallery Nordic Gold #ND4 for the brim on his hat and his cuffs.  This is a thin, strong metallic thread which was a bit tricky to use.  If I threaded the needle the wrong way, the thread unravelled and became 4 times as long!  I had to make myself a note on the cardboard which end to use when threading the needle.  Apart from that, it wasn't all that bad working with it.  I do like the effect, it is a subtle shine - unfortunately the picture does not do it justice. Now I just have to sew it together to make it into an ornament and it will be all done. The picture is a tad deceiving because this ornament is over 5 inches long! And no, I did not stitch it all in one day. lol
Until the next time, take care of yourselves and remember that you are a very important person!! Hugs Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment