Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Stitch in Time - finished

It's July 31st and I have just finished the Mill Hill bead kit entitled A Stitch in Time.  yea!!  It was a lot of fun but I have to admit that I fudged the backstitching around the floss (my floss is never as messy as their picture shows) and I also used 2 strands of floss for the backstitching for the needle thread as well as the blackwork.  I like how it turned out.  Can you spot my initials in the alphabet?  I decided that this one is for me!  so I personalized it just a little bit.
What shall I work on next? well... I want to do a couple more of Val's little snowmen with the wild and crazy hat - I had a hat just like that when I was growing up.  And to be honest I have a lot of weird coloured threads that will work perfectly with that design.
I hope that wherever you are, you are a lot cooler than here.  We normally have humid days in Ottawa but not like this summer.  We are having a lot of them this year and the humid days are turning into humid weeks.  Hmmm, I guess I will just have to re-read this post when it is freezing cold and it is winter time.
That's all for now lovely readers, until the next time, have a great day and warm, gentle hugs to all of you. Louise

6 comments:

  1. Great job, Louise. And grats on the finish! Can't wait to see your snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can finally comment! Whooooohoooo! What a wonderful piece louise. I love the blue frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done! Blue frame much nicer than the red in the pattern! And your picture is MUCH better than theirs.... Only looked at theirs to understand what you meant by messy floss ;-). Totally jealous of all your finishes! Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Stitch in Time is so cute!!! Sure wish I could send you some cool air. We have had only 5 days over 80!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Louise,

    This is a serie of 12 needlerolls, and we have published 9 - all others will come in the next 1st days of months.
    More informations are here: http://betweencrosses-sale.blogspot.hu/2011/12/christmas-collection-12-needlerolls.html

    Every customer who buy all 12 (shipping time of all in this month), the last one is free :)

    Please email me if you have any questions (my email is in my profle or on my blog). Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ladies and gents, check out the blogspot that Nina mentioned, it has a beautiful Christmas collection with some gorgeous designs that I simply must get! Hugs Louise

      Delete