Thursday, September 6, 2012

Poppy has beads!

Hi everyone, I finally got my package last week and was able to put all the beads on my Poppy.  It looks gorgeous (if I do say so myself... lol).  I did not do the green that is supposed to surround the poppy so I will be able to use a smaller frame.  The perforated paper has a slightly mottled light green effect which unfortunately does not show up in the picture.  I have to apologize for the size of the picture, when I made it smaller, the background went wonky (now there is a word for you), it looked as if a mad professor was trying to drive you nuts with a herringbone design.  It was horrendous and my eyes were going nuts just looking at it so I left it the bigger picture.
So now that the Mill Hill Poppy kit is finished, what am I working on?  It's an angel for a friend of mine. Sorry, it is not a Mirabilia or a Lavender & Lace angel!  I will post a picture soon of the progress, right now, I have about 2 inches of her dress done, so it really doesn't look like much. So until the next time, keep smiling and have a great day.  Hugs to all. Louise

2 comments:

  1. The poppy is beautiful! It is too bad the "camouflage" type colour does not show...it works so well. The perforated paper is by MillHill, and the colour is called Granite. A beautiful stitching job Louise! Cannot wait to see it in a frame...big squishy hugs

    ReplyDelete