Friday, March 1, 2013

Mystic Connecticut

Hi everyone, I really must apologize for not posting in quite some time!!  I was away in Mystic CT for a stitching weekend organized by Sue of Stitchers Hideaway.  Oh my goodness, we (Janice and I) had a lovely time.  The drive down was fine, we hit some blowing snow so we stopped early in Syracuse but we were up early the next day for the drive to Mystic.  This little town is right on the seaboard and is so cute and has an absolutely ton of things to do there (beside stitch!).  The first night we went out for supper with a group of ladies and found out during a conversation that Peggy was a very good friend of Debby who we met on the cruise last year.  What a small world!!  We had a lovely time at supper meeting our fellow stitchers. Then the next morning, lovely goodie bags awaited everyone and the stitching was on!!  I worked on Aury's Wicked Accident and guess what - I finished it over the weekend. Hurray!!  And we even had a chance to shop because Chris and Pam brought a whole bunch of goodies from their store .... I didn't spend a ton of money but she did have a great deal on aida cloth... fill a bag for $5, yup, I filled the bag!! Did some more shopping and then back to stitching. Unfortunately when people brought in their goodies, I just had to see what they bought and of course I had to shop some more.  lol  Chris must have loved me, I went back twice! oops.  I loved seeing what everyone was working on and the colour choices, simply stunning.  I even found out about a couple of new designers and then Donna told me about stopping in at the Sudberry House store.... ooooh, that was terrible news! (NOT).... I found out it was close by (half an hour down the road)... oh dear.... well... we had to stay over anyway.... so Sunday afternoon we explored the Mystic Aquarium (I petted a shark!), then on Monday we visited a naval submarine museum and got to go on board a submarine!  OMG, my hat is off to the men and women who serve aboard these machines - they are tiny! if I was to roll over in the bunk beds my hips would get stuck!!  I found it a little small and was feeling very closed in. But it was fascinating to see.  Then on Tuesday we went to Sudberry House and I did buy a few things (okay a lot) and Janice bought a lot of goodies as well.  Then we were off to a needlework store and spent a few pennies there and then we drove up to Springfield MA to meet our new friends Peggy and Roberta for lunch.  I have to say it was like we were old friends... what a great time - we definitely have to keep in touch!!  Then we continued on our way home stopping just north of Syracuse so we would have a shorter drive the next day.  I am very glad we did it that way because just over the border we hit some snow, not much but then we got onto the 416 we hit blowing snow, white outs in some spots and several cars were in the ditch! I just took my time and we got home safe and sound. 
Well folks, that's it for now, I will take some pictures of my goodies and hopefully post them tomorrow.  Hugs Louise.

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was so funny that you and Janice should meet my bud, Peggy!!! The world just gets smaller and smaller, doesn't it!?!? I can't wait to see what fun things you bought -you will be posting pictures, right???

    ReplyDelete