Sunday, August 12, 2012

Poppy needs beads

Hi everyone, it feels as if I haven't posted in months and I was surprised to see that it was actually only a couple of days ago. 
Well, we finally got some rain here in Ottawa so Friday was a drearly day... I am not complaining because we really needed some rain.  So on Friday, I had a very lazy day, I did nothing, I decided that it was a reading day and I did not touch any of my stitching at all.  So what did I read... I had borrowed a book from the local library entitled Silent Thunder by Iris Johansen and her son Roy Johansen and I read it, cover to cover and thoroughly enjoyed it!  It is about a marine architect who has been given the opportunity to work on a decommissioned Russian nuclear submarine.  and the plot thickens....

So the poppy is basically finished except for the beads, I don't have enough to do the project.  I borrowed the pattern from my friend after she had finished hers so I have to order some beads.  I also haven't done any of the green stitching that surrounds the poppy because the perforated paper is an overdyed light green so I am waiting to see if I have to do the green once the beads are in.  So here is a picture as it stands right now.  So I will work on some small ornaments or maybe start the angel that my friend wants me to stitch for her, not quite sure.... it will be a surprise for all of us. lol  Until the next time, take care of yourselves, you are all very special people.  Louise

2 comments:

  1. Looks good Louise! I started one as well....the first one with the green and the special edition 25 cent poppy is now proudly owned by one of our brave WWII Vets! Dutch said upon receipt of it he teared up and held it clutched to his breast for hours. I am busy stitching one for my dad, also a vet...and I am going to surprise Dutch with one of the "alternate" ones, like the one you have just done...happy stitching!




    ReplyDelete